I got this list from a friend‘s tweet a couple of days ago, and thought it was funny. I’m not sure everything applies to me, though. So maybe I’m not a big bibliophile as I thought I was? :P
Here’s are some noteworthy items in the list, ones that I can really relate to, with my personal comments. :) The full list is here, so just click to see the complete list. :)
1. You actually completed an English degree.
Comment: Oh, I wish I did. Well, okay, I don’t wish, but if I didn’t take up Computer Science, I’d probably have an English degree.
7. You have a little vein in your forehead that throbs whenever you hear about sparkly vampires.
Comment: This one made me laugh out loud. Haha yes, there’s a vein! Sparkly vampires made me stop reading about vampires altogether. :P
9. Your loved ones tire of you spouting clichÃ©d â€œThe book was betterâ€ diatribes.
Comment: It’s a good thing I have a lot of friends who also read the book before any movie version came out. :P
11. You have a crush on David Sedaris or Sarah Vowell.
Comment: Will you kill me if I say I haven’t read either? *hides*
14. Youâ€™d read in the car if you could.
Comment: I read in the car! Then again, I don’t drive, so I can read all I want. :P
15. Better yet, you take public transportation for reasons other than cost and the environment.
Comment: Oh, so true. :)
16. Used, local and specialty bookstores are your kryptonite.
Comment: It’s my kryptonite because it never fails to make me sneeze! :( Allergies go away! I have yet to master the art of bargain bin diving.
17. The New York Times Review of Books is among your browser bookmarks.
Comment: Not yet, but I have a lot of book blogs in my bookmarks.
18. You start a book blog just for the ARCs.
Comment: Hey now, it’s not the only reason! It’s a perk, but I haven’t received any ARCs yet, and the blog is still alive. :P
19. You ? your local library.
Comment: I wish we have a local library. :(
20. You find Belle the least offensive of the Disney princesses.
Comment: Now that you mentioned it…yes, I do. :P
22. You own a cat, a grand selection of tea and/or coffee, an all-purpose tote bag for shopping (that may or may not be constructed of post-consumer recycled products), a knitting habit or some combination thereof.
Comment: Cat, all-purpose tote for shopping. I’m not a fan of knitting, or tea. :P
24. Oprahâ€™s Book Club makes you want to destroy something beautiful.
Comment: I think the only Oprah’s Book Club book I read is She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I have yet to pick up another, so I can’t say I agree with this. :P
26. You actually know the difference between youâ€™re/your, theyâ€™re/their/there and itâ€™s/its.
Comment: Oh everyone should know about this!
28. The social events you look forward to most either involve the library, readings or lectures.
Comment: Do bookstore visits count? :P
30. You think Kindles, Nooks, iPads and other electronic books take a little something away from the reading experience.
Comment: No, of course not. I want to have my own Kindle! But I still love print books.:P
32. You know that irony is not rain on your wedding day or a free ride, but youâ€™ve already paid.
40. You actually read the included supplementary material.
Comment: Guilty as charged. :P
42. You love incorporating books into your home dÃ©cor.
Comment: I’d build myself a wall of books if I can. :P
44. You have one specific genre or subgenre that you absolutely hate and avoid at all costs.
Comment: That genre right now is historical. I’m sorry, it just bores me out of my mind. I can give it a try again.
45. Broken spines seem almost like injuries.
Comment: OH THE HORROR!
46. You sell your clothes and other possessions before you sell your books.
Comment: I haven’t gone that far yet, but I’ve bought books before other clothes.
48. Youâ€™re reluctant to lend out your books.
Comment: It depends on who I’m lending it to. :P
49. You consider dogearing a sacrilege.
Comment: Oh curse me now, I dogear some of my books. X_X
50. You never walk out of a bookstore empty-handed.
Comment: I try my best, but sometimes resistance is futile.
51. You usually carry around 2 books at a time.
Comment: One print book, one ebook. Okay, about more than 10 ebooks because I have too many in my reader.
59. You donâ€™t take an iPod to the gym.
Comment: I do, but I use it to read thanks to iPod reading apps. :D
60. You didnâ€™t join a book clubâ€¦you started one.
Comment: I started one at work but it has yet to meet. ^^;
62. Every kid in your English class hated you.
Comment: I have no idea if they hated me, but I know my high school English teacher liked me. :D
65. Someone always gives you a fancy bookmark as a gift every yearâ€¦
Comment: Hm, this is true.
66. â€¦and you usually use 2-4 at a time.
Comment: Hear hear!
68. Friends and family think youâ€™re crazy for re-reading certain books.
Comment: Hasn’t happened yet, thankfully. :P
69. You used to spend recess reading.
Comment: Guilty! :)
70. You are conflicted over the thought of writing on the pages.
Comment: I don’t mind writing in non-fiction book pages. For fiction…well it’s another story.
71. You own multiple editions of the same book.
Comment: Haven’t gone that far yet. :P
75. You really, really, really, really, really, really, really like books.
Comment: DUH. :)
35 out of 75. Not too bad, I guess?