Ah, so many bookish events in such a short span of time, are you excited?
If you’ve been following Kwentillion on Facebook, you would’ve read about this already, but in case you’re not, then read on! Presenting the 1st Kwentillion Young Adult Readers’ Carnival!
The event will be on July 21, 1-5pm at Bestsellers Robinsons Galleria. This is your chance to meet fellow YA literature fans in Manila, plus also meet Kwentillion contributors and other authors. :) If you have your copy of the magazine, you can have them signed there, or if you don’t have them yet, you can get yours (you should!) at the event.
There are other fun events, too, like the Author Cage Match, where teams will convince the audience that their chosen author is the best, and panel discussions with Kwentillion contributors and Philippine YA authors. Here are the panelists who will be at the event:
For the Kwentillion Panel:
- Chester “elpinoy” Ocampo (Featured Artist)
- Budjette Tan (“The Last Datu”)
- Paolo Chikiamco (“High Society”)
- Hannah Buena (“High Society”)
- Andrew Drilon (“The Secret Origin of Spin Man”)
- Timothy Dimacali (“Skygypsies”)
- John Bumanglag (“Skygypsies”)
- Robert Magnuson (“Poso Maximo”)
For the Philippine Young Adult Creators Panel:
- Mina Esguerra (Interim Goddess of Love)
- Karen Francisco (Naermyth)
- Tepai Pascual (Maktan 1521, Mark 9 Verse 47)
- Charles Tan (“Horror: Filipino Fiction for Young Adults)
- A.S. Santos (The Voices in the Theater)
There will also be previews of current YA books on the shelves of National and why we think you should get them, as well as previews of the upcoming releases. If that’s not enough, there will be a YA Books Only Sale inside the store, and participants will receive a discount coupon as soon as they register which is valid for a one-time purchase inside the store.
For more information and updates, you can visit Rocket Kapre and Kwentillion’s Facebook page. YA fans in the Philippines, this is a must-go-to event! It’s really unfortunate that I’m out of town on the same weekend (without Atrix 4Gs), but I’m sure this will be a fun event. Is it too early to wish for a part 2? :)