So in the first six months of 2011, here are my statistics (as of June 30, 2011):
- Total books read: 65
- Total pages read: 17,521
- Total print books: 33
- Total ebooks: 32
- Written by male authors: 17
- Written by female authors: 50
2011 Challenge Status:
- 1 of 5 classics
- 10 of 20 for TwentyEleven
- 6 of 20 for Filipino Books
- 15 books for Required Reading
Favorite reads so far:
(Click on the thumbnail to go to the review):
I’m pretty sure I have better stats this year than last year. I had a very bad slump around April last year that stopped me from blogging and reading a lot, but this year, I’ve managed to escape the few slumps that threatened to get me. I am still doing a bit poorly with the classics and I’m lagging behind with the Filipino books, but I think I’ve read a lot more good books this time around than I did last year.
On the book-buying front…I’m proud to say that I’ve learned to curb some of my book buying. While it involves mainly avoiding bookstores altogether, I find that I’m choosier with books that I want to read. I think it’s because I’ve filtered what I really like and am interested in, as opposed to just buying and buying like I did last year.
Other notable things this year:
- Two giveaways this year — anniversary giveaway and birthday giveaway. It’s so much fun giving away books. :)
- I joined Armchair BEA and it was such a fun experience! It’s so nice being involved more in the book blogging world. :)
- I got another book writing gig at Female Network. It’s not as easy as the one I used to do at The POC, but it’s certainly helping me write synopsis better and do research. :)
- I attended my first local publisher dinner and received review copies. I hope this isn’t the last!
Plans for the rest of the year?
- Read at least 2 more classic books. I will just keep on trying. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to get to my original goal of 10, but I may still be able to reach the 5. Let’s see. :)
- Think of other feature posts. I can’t just keep on reviewing. Discussion posts are fun, but maybe I also should try doing blogger and author features, just for fun. And of course, giveaways. :)
- Join other blogger activities. Armchair BEA was so much fun that I’m pretty sure I want to join another one. Book Blogger Appreciation Week is coming up soon, right?
- Network, network, network. One of my goals last Armchair BEA was to quit lurking, and I think I’ve managed to get out of that…I think. But I think I still need to interact more, leave comments, say hi on Twitter and all that stuff. Just like how I like receiving comments, I shouldn’t be selfish in giving them, too.
2011 has been good for reading so far. How’s yours been? :)