Well, March was a pretty fantastic month, if I do say so myself. (But I am biased because it’s my birthday month. Still, I can definitely say: Best. Birthday. Month. Ever.
I read a lot of good books for March, too, and I actually finished all my Required Reading books!
- Iscariot by Tosca Lee (5/5) – Intense, and perfect for Holy Week.
- The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen (4/5) – I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I think I like this as much as I liked The Sugar Queen. :)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (4/5) – Ah. So many words, so many feels. I really liked this one, and we had a pretty great discussion over this book, too. :)
I read a lot of other good books, too, but of course, I didn’t have much time to review them. I’m thinking of upping my books to read this year, because I’m a little almost halfway to 52. But maybe after I finish my April books.
Now that my favorite month has come and gone…I see I will have a busy April ahead! There’s the usual work, among other things, and the book club’s anniversary events — so yeah, my April is packed. :) This would explain why my reading list this month is just this:
- Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke – my second chunkster for the year + buddy reads with several friends in the book club. It’s still 500+ pages less thick than Les Miserables, so I am pretty sure I can do this. :D
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson – Our book club’s book of the month. I’ve been meaning to read this, and I’m glad it was chosen (although my original vote for our list was The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao). I think this will balance JS&MN well.
I am also currently in the middle (or at least, in the first fourth) of Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women, which I am taking my sweet time to read. I am also reading through Kristan Higgins’ back list because she’s such a fun read, and I am reading it for research for my romance writing class. :D
What are you planning to read this month? :)
Check out my friends’ reading lists for April, too!