January has come and gone…and it’s been a very good reading month, if I do say so myself. I read a total of 12 books — can you believe that? And I finished all Required Reading books too! Here’s a recap:
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (4/5)
- Saving June by Hannah Harrington (4/5)
- A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner (4/5)
- 1984 by George Orwell (3/5)
- How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr (5/5)
That was pretty good, yes? I think the books I read in January were pretty good, too, and I enjoyed most of them. I still ended up getting more books so my TBR pile is still solidly on 128. Oh well, I’ll find a way to get that number down.
Did you join last month’s Required Reading challenge? How did you do?
Now we’re on to February!
Last year’s Required Reading theme was a bit cliche — love. I know, right? This year, let’s deviate from that
a little a lot. Well, okay maybe it’s still related to love because I am returning to one of the first things I loved in science fiction: zombies.
I’m calling an early zombie fiction reading time for this year, because it’s been a while since I last read a zombie book. I will probably have another zombie reading marathon before Blackout‘s release, but I figure a zombie month now should prepare me for that.
Plus I have some zombie books staring at me from my TBR, and two of the books there has been on my TBR since 2010. That’s almost 2 years ago, friends. Time to get it off the TBR.
Zombie-fied Reading List:
- The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell
- The Enemy by Charlie Higson
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Mmm brains. I mean books. :)
There are some non-zombie books I will be reading, though, but I’m not sure how I will be able to fit them in my schedule. Well, one of them, anyway. Thank goodness for readalongs.
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry – Goodreads book club discussion
- Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – Chunkster Challenge Book # 1. Good luck with this. :P