Well hello there, favorite month!
Okay, January was some sort of a reading high and I blame it on the newness of the year. February was a different story — I don’t exactly know what happened, but I was a slower reader. Sometimes I could go for a day not flipping a book open. Books I normally finish within three to four days, I finish in a week. Maybe I was just too busy, but it felt weird to be reading a book for so long that isn’t even that thick.
But I have another theory. I think I may have gotten soft. Remember, my Required Reading theme for February was zombies, and I thought I would just be able to jump right into the undead shambling goodness…but no. Believe it or not, the zombie books I finished left me…grossed out. The only zombie book I was partially grossed out with was Married with Zombies, and that was an apocalypse book. I thought I had a stomach made of steel from all the zombie books I’ve read…but I was wrong, apparently. Which led to my being a slow reader last month, I guess.
- The Enemy by Charlie Higson (3/5)
- The Little Prince by Antonine de Saint-Exupery (4/5)
- The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell (5/5)
I read a total of 9 books this month, which isn’t really that bad. But I totally missed out on Warm Bodies (I would have read it if I could, but reviews talked of gross parts so I thought I’d pass for now) and Game of Thrones. I really hope to find time to squeeze GoT soon!
As for the TBR reducing challenge…gasp, my TBR still at 128. Ack. Most of them were galleys, anyway, and I only bought 3 books for February, two of them pre-orders while one is a secondhand book. Can I try to reduce my TBR to 125 next month? I hope so!
But anyway. Again, hello favorite month! March is my favorite month because of one major reason: my birthday! I’m one of those people who loves celebrating birthdays, age be damned. I always make it a point to celebrate almost the entire month of March, so this month’s reading list will be pretty much a sort of celebration by making most of my reading list a collection of books gifted to me on several occasions. :)
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card – gift from Monique when we became Goodreads friends
- Confessions of a Serial Kisser by Wendelin Van Draanen – gift from Aaron for my 25th birthday
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen – gift from Angus last Christmas
I’ll try to squeeze in more gift-ed books in the month, but the three above will be my top three ones. :) And as always, here are some additional books that I need to read for the month (or at least, start reading) for discussions and all those things:
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – just the first book for my book club’s dicussion
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – must start this because I’m moderating the book’s discussion on April
Joining Required Reading for this month? Leave a comment with a link to your entry below! :)