February was a fabulous month, if I do say so myself. Many things happened in February, but three major bookish things happened to me:
- My book/short story discussion happened last weekend (and I wrote about it here)
- My new Kindle Paperwhite that finally arrived:
- I finally finished Les Misérables! (On Valentine’s Day!)
So February was a very good bookish month, all things considered. A recap of my February Required Reading books:
- Every Day by David Levithan (4/5) – Levithan does it again. There were several memorable quotes here, and it was the right book to start February with. I still like The Lover’s Dictionary just a bit more, but Every Day is pretty good.
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand (4/5) – The finale to my favorite angel series. I lost sleep over this! Still gathering my thoughts for my review – wait for it!
- Fourteen Love Stories edited by Jose Dalisay Jr. and Angelo R. Lacuesta (3/5) – It was okay, and there were some stories I really liked, but there were others that I was kind of ambivalent about. I guess I was expecting it to give me more feels?
I wasn’t able to crack open For Darkness Shows the Stars at all, and I’m still in the middle of Ghostwritten, but I won’t include them in the next month’s list anymore. I did read several romance books in the last month to keep up with the theme — needless to say, I had a very “romantic” month because of all that.
On to my favorite month!
March, March, my favorite month! I won’t go crazy with the book choices this month because I have a feeling March will be quite busy, so I will only choose 3 books for my Required Reading list this month:
- Iscariot by Tosca Lee – Holy Week falls at the last week of March, and this seemed like a very fitting Holy Week read. :) I cannot wait to drown in Tosca’s words again!
- The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen – I realized that the first 3 SAA books were gifted to me, and this one is no different — this was a birthday gift from Chachic last year. I figure my birth month (which is also her birth month!) is the best time to read this book. :)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – Our book club’s book of the month. I tried reading this in 2011, but got lazy, and now I know why I pushed reading it to a later date. I’ve already started, and I am quite enchanted with Zusak’s words.
I haven’t decided on my birthday read just yet, but I won’t put it on my list because I want it to…feel right, if I may be so cliche. :D
If you’re joining Required Reading this month, make sure to leave the link in the comments section! Have a wonderful March, everyone! :)
Check out my friends’ reading lists for March, too!