Everyone’s been saying this now, but of course I will say this again: look, it’s July. It’s the third quarter, it’s the second half of the year. Where is time going?
Anyway now, as opposed to my Required Reading for May challenge, June wasn’t so good. I’m not exactly sure what happened, and to think scaling down to two books will help me finish reading all in a month. But nooo, I ended up reading other things, so Noli Me Tangere and The Book Thief remained just…started. Not exactly untouched. I started on them, but somewhere along the way, I stopped.
I did read many good books this month…so it’s not waste month, of course. I guess this goes to show how I feel about books with more than 500 pages. Heh.
So let’s start anew. Hello again, July!
I was consulting my Required Reading list for July that I kept in my planner and saw that there was no set theme again. I was lining up my books again and I realized that if I had a fantasy month, then I should have a contemporary month, right?
So here we go:
- The God Box by Alex Sanchez
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
- What My Mother Doesn’t Know by Sonya Sones
- Dark Blue by Melody Carlson
Oh gasp, look — five books? Well I figured this should be easier now, especially since I love contemporary fiction, and one of the books is a book in verse (I’m starting to like them very much now!). I am going to be on night shift for this month, too, so I’m hoping that that would help me read more whenever I find free time.
Or I could just keep on trying, you know. :)
If you’re interested in participating in this challenge, here’s a rule recap:
- The books should be read within the specified month
- These books should be in my TBR and not yet to be acquired
- These books cannot be used for any other reading challenges I am participating in.
Leave a comment so I can put you on the round up! Happy July everyone! :)
Required Reading: July round up!