I’ve always made wish lists every year and I share it with my family and friends (especially my brother) so he knows what gift to get me. I find wish lists very helpful so I rely on them in gift giving especially for guys. :P
But you know what’s strange, though? Every birthday and Christmas, I hardly get book presents. I know, right? I make lists, but people often get other items from my list. Maybe because I know that I will eventually get the book I want? Or maybe they hardly go to bookstores, or at least, don’t go as much as I do? Or, like I told Jason in the Filipino Friday he hosted last week, maybe it’s their subtle way of telling me to pull my nose out of a book every once in a while?
But anyway I can’t let the first Christmas of my book blog without posting a Christmas wish list. Okay, maybe I can…but it’s fun to make wish lists in hopes of a random generous stranger (or friend!) getting me something from the list. Eventually I will probably get most of these on my own, but I would be forever thankful if I get any of these from friends. :P
BOOK RELATED THINGS:
- Dry seal for label for my books – I’ve been wishing for this for two years I think? A simple “Tina” or “Tinamats” on the seal would do, and some stars on the design would be nice. :P If you need details, more on Blooey’s blog. (And if I still don’t get this as a gift up until my birthday next year, I will get this on my own already…there is still hope!)
- m-Edge e-luminator Kindle book light – because I need a book light that is easier to slip inside my Kindle case.
Ebooks or actual print books – I’m not picky. :P Remember, Kindle Ebook Gifting is possible now. :P
- Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
- Mistwood by Leah Cypess
- Trese Books # 2-3 by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo
- The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway
- The Kid Table by Andrea Seigel
- UK Edition of Trash by Andy Mulligan
- Plain Kate by Erin Bow
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
- The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
- Immanuel’s Veins by Ted Dekker
Obviously, there’s more, but the books above are the ones that I would love to get this Christmas. More help? Here — my Amazon (ebook) wish list and my Book Depository wish list! :)
- Anything with sunflowers and/or stars
- A new laptop bag (must fit a Lenovo Thinkpad T400)
- Azta Salon gift certificates*
- Shopping money – by shopping, I mean non-books: clothes, shoes, make-up, etc.
- Pens from Muji
- Those NatGeo shirts from Regatta (I’m a Medium!)
- Little Miss Writer Shirt — pretty.
- New sunglasses
If you have a wish list too, share them in the comment section! Who knows, maybe some generous person will bless you with something. :)
* I know I mentioned GCs can be impersonal but I think it’s not when the person actually requested it. :P Hence the presence of gift certificate on the wish list. :)